Firestop Putty Pads
These Intumescent Putty Pads are designed to seal around electrical boxes to maintain the hourly integrity of fire rated walls restricting the passage of flame, smoke, and toxic gases. UL Classified for 1 & 2-hour gypsum fire rated wall systems. Quantity Discounts.
These intumescent firestop putty pads provide fire stopping in drywall where plastic socket boxes have been installed. Remove the face plate of the electrical socket box and mould the pre-formed putty pads into the back of the box and around the cables then simply replace and secure the face plate. When a fire occurs, the intumescent pad expands to fill the void left by the melted plastic electrical box, preventing the spread of fire through the drywall. The intumescent putty can also be used for upgrading the acoustic performance of partitions where electrical sockets boxes have penetrated.
Our Putty Pads are used for a fire barrier of up to 2 hours. They are designed as a joint filler and void sealer for use in penetration seals. These Putty Pads are also designed to remain flexible allowing for thermal and mechanical movement of services around complex and irregular shapes through walls or floors, this is a nonsetting compound.
- Fire resistance testing to ASTM-E 90
- Fire Resistance Testing 120 minutes
- Tested in Block Wall, Concrete, Masonary and Plasterboard Partition
- Tested in Concrete Floors
- Tested in large service openings up to 250 x 150mm
- Tested in Metallic Pipes, Cables, Cable Bunches, Cable Trays and Cable Ladders
- Causes no known effects to plastic pipes, plastic cables, sheathing or metallic components
- Contributes to Green Building
- Non-setting compound
- Highly flexible and water resistant
- Halogen free, resists fungi and vermin
- Shelf Life 5 years
- A non setting polymeric putty
- Size: 7” x 7” x 1/8”
- UL Classified
- 2 hour fire rating
- Red Color
- No Asbestos Fillers
- Long Shelf Life
- Easy Installation
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.