Flame Tech Intumescent Firestop Collars are chemically compatible with Flow Guard Gold® and Corzan® pipe fittings as well as all PVC, CPVC, ABS, PEX tubing and other applicable tested penetrating items. These Intumescent firestop collars consist of a steel collar and an intumescent silicone strip suitable for 1.5”, 2”, 3” and 4” nominal trade size plastic pipes. These Intumescent collars are to be fastened around plastic pipes where they penetrate fire rated floor and walls.
- Refer to the applicable UL fire test system to ensure site installation details match
the design selected. Collar size must match pipe as indicated by table below:
- Be sure that the annular space of the penetrations are within the limits set by the UL tested conditions.
- If specified by UL tested diagram, install Firestop-814+ intumescent sealant as directed.
- Fit intumescent strip and steel collar over pipe and slide up to and against floor or wall with fastening tabs oriented toward floor or wall. Ends of the intumescent strip should butt together as the collar is closed.
- Mark fastener locations on floor or wall. Rotate collar and drill holes for fasteners. Rotate collar tab back into position and fit collar locking tab into retainer.
- Fasten collar to floor or wall with fasteners* at each anchor tab location.
Installation for Floors: Firestop Collars must be installed at the underside of floors.
Installation for Walls: Install one Firestop Collar on each side of the wall.
Concrete: Use 1/4” (6mm)x 1 1/4” (32mm) hex washer head type concrete anchors or appropriate steel expansion/wedge anchors.
Gypsum: Use 1/8” (3mm) x 2” (51mm) MOLLY type hollow wall anchors