These intumescent UL Classified Firestop Pillows are designed to seal large open voids and openings made for penetrating items such as cables, cable trays, ductwork, pipes, and conduits. Firestop Pillows are UL tested to maintain up to a 3 hour rating and are soft, easily stackable, self-supporting and require no mesh or sealant.
• ASTM-E814 (UL 1479)
• UL Classified
UL Classified Firestop Pillows Features:
• 3-hour fire rating
• 2” x 4” x 8” size
• Easy installation
• No wire mesh needed
1. Remove product label from one side of pad. Align the side of the pad with the electrical box partially overlapping the stud and adhere.
2. If the gypsum wallboard is already in place, pack putty into gaps between the electrical box and the gypsum wall, slightly overlapping the inner wallboard surface. If the wallboard is to be installed after the putty installation, overlap the front edge of the electrical box so that the putty pad will be compressed around the edges of the box as the wallboard is installed. Where cables or conduit
are encountered, cut slits in the pad to fit around the obstructions.
3. Press pad firmly to surface of top, bottom, and sides of the electrical box.
4. Trim excess putty and apply to conduit fittings connected to box. Remove the exposed label. Putty may also be packed inside of conduit fittings to restrict the passage of smoke.
▪ Do not expose to water
▪ Do not use where abrasion or physical tampering may be anticipated
You may also have a look at our variety of fire retardant spray and fire-stopping products to save your material from fire.