Flamex PF-2 Exterior Wood Fire Retardant Spray Description:
Flamex PF-2 exterior wood fire retardant spray is a water-based, post-treatment fire retardant. Flamex PF-2 is also a wood preservative that penetrates the wood pores and seals itself within the substrate. This exterior fire retardant protects the wood by developing a self-extinguishing reaction in contact with an open flame.
When properly applied, the wood shall have a Class A rating. Flamex PF-2 exterior wood fire retardant spray contains polymers that maintain the flame retardancy for up to five years for exterior applications. Flamex PF-2 exterior fire retardant spray for exterior wood is non-toxic, non-combustible, non-carcinogenic, easy to apply, and contains no PDBE’s.
Laboratory tested as a leach resistant treatment for exterior wood.The durability of exterior fire performance for Flamex PF-2 exterior treated lumber has been confirmed to be maintained following exposure to the Standard Test Method for Evaluating Clear Water Repellent Coatings on Wood detailed in American Standard Test Method ASTM D5401 and is classified in accordance with ASTM E-84 Steiner Tunnel Test, meeting the requirements of US Standards for use in all exterior applications.
Proven stability from an exterior fire retardant spray
Flamex PF-2 exterior wood fire retardant formulation is non-hygroscopic which overcomes many of the disadvantages of conventional fire retardants. Besides it’s exterior durability, this product should also be used in situations where interior high humidity is a problem. Applying Flamex PF-2 exterior wood fire retardant on wood decking, fencing, framing, roof sheathing, wood shingles, cardboard etc., performs considerably better than conventional fire retardant systems in this respect.
Flamex PF-2 exterior wood fire retardant spray does not contribute to the corrosion rates of metals.
Flamex PF-2 exterior wood fire retardant spray treated wood has a proven track record and can be used for all exterior or severe damp applications. Precious minutes can mean the difference between life or death.
Flamex PF-2 exterior wood fire retardant spray is a Class A rated flame retardant with a Flame Spread of 25 and Smoke Developed of 70 on wood. Since it penetrates and forms a molecular bond with the substrate, the life of the application shall be indefinite for most interior applications. For exterior applications, it is recommended that Flamex PF-2 exterior wood fire retardant spray be reapplied every 3 – 5 years depending on the amount of rainfall.
When Using This Product:
- Do not mix with other products
- Shake or mix well before using
- Do not allow to freeze
- Do not lay on another surface when wet to prevent mold and absorption by the other surface
- Store in original container away from sunlight and heat
- Pretest for applicability and color fastness
- Surface must be clean and dry prior to application
- Clean hands & equipment with soap and cold or warm water
- Do not expose treated areas to moisture for 24 hours
- Use in well ventilated area
- It is recommended to wear a respirator when spraying this or any latex containing product indoors
- If applicable, use approved safety devices (ropes, belts, ridge hooks, ladders, etc.)
- Do not step on wet treated areas, surface may be slippery until dry
- Avoid exposure to eyes
- Keep away from children.